The following file hosters deny service to visitors from the USA:
- turbobit / hitfile / megatraff- accepts uploads, but when attempting to download any file (even your own): "Our service is currently unavailable in your country. Sorry about that."
- unibytes / share4web / gigabase - all access attempts result in this message: "This site is not available from your location."
- multiupload.nl - all access attempts result in an empty HTML document (0 bytes).
Now for some good news:
- usingproxy.com (hosted in California, but I think routing through Canada) can be used to bypass the restrictions on #2 and #3.
- ul.to / uploading.to - they were blocking US visitors, too, but now seem to be working OK.
Many thanks to Nataliya for the proxy info!
I will update this post if anything changes or if there are more sites which block US IPs.